Former Test cricketer and President of the BCCI Sourav Ganguly is all set to embark upon a new journey.
Former India skipper Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday issued a cryptic tweet about his “new journey” that raised speculations about his continuation as the BCCI President.
To clear the uncertainty the tweet created, the BCCI Secretary Jay Shah issued a statement saying that Sourav has not resigned from his post.
“The rumours doing rounds about Sourav Ganguly stepping down from the post of BCCI President are factually incorrect,” Jay Shah said..
“We have some exciting times in the form of media rights coming up and my colleagues and I are completely focused on the upcoming opportunity and safeguarding the interest of Indian cricket,” Shah said.
Ganguly in his tweet said he is embarking on a new journey, although without revealing any further details.
“2022 marks the 30th year since the start of my journey with cricket in 1992. Since then, cricket has given me a lot. Most importantly, it has given me the support of all of you. I want to thank every single person, who has been part of the journey, supported me, and helped me reach where I am today,” he wrote in a brief statement.
“Today, I am planning to start something that I feel will probably help a lot of people. I hope you continue your support as I enter this chapter of life.”
Elected President of the BCCI in October 2019 Sourav Ganguly still has four months left in his three-year tenure. His tweet went viral.